One of the things on my To Do list earlier this week was to clean and prep my new Singer 301a. I figured that since I was going to work on this one, I might as well open up the first one and make sure everything was in working order with both.
Here is the first one.
And the new one.
I cleaned the upper gears on both machines and everything was running pretty smoothly. I also cleaned up the bobbin area.
New machine -
First machine -
I went through quite a few cotton swabs and clean mascara wands and I used the lubricant to grease all the gears again.
I oiled everything well and put the first machine back in the cabinet and tested out the new machine.
She was quite dry and will take a few more oilings before I think she will run more quietly. I'm going to stick this one in the basement to use to piece on while I am quilting. Last night, I prepped the basement for a spot to set it up and later tonight, I am going to cut out fabric for another quilt to piece in between quilting passes on the Avante. Woo hoo!!