Monday, November 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 11/11

I can't believe that it has been over a week since I last posted! I have been so good to keep up with the mostly daily postings.
 
Last weekend, I went on a quilt retreat with many other local quilters at Hueston Woods State Park and I had a fantastic time! I got so much done, but I didn't take my laptop and the reception on the cell phones was spotty at best so I had nothing else to do but socialize and sew. I got so much done!
 
Last week, I was working on quilting a wonky houses quilt for Michelle who is in my modern guild and I spent a lot of time in the basement working on that. I wanted to have it done for her to see at retreat, but it wasn't meant to be. There are 10 houses on the quilt and I did a bit of custom quilting on each house. All I have left to quilt is the grass below the houses. Then I have to bury the plethora of threads and I think that will take me a couple of hours.
 
So the picture is just a taste of the quilting I have been doing. I will be working on writing up posts from the weekend - only of my quilting because I didn't take pictures of anything else even though we were surrounded by nature. sigh...
 
Happy Design Wall Monday!
 
And a HUGE THANKS to all the past, present and future veterans of our great nation's armed forces! This would include my brother and both grandfathers!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The houses are great! Glad to hear you had fun at the retreat!