Monday, August 13, 2007

Back from dinner

I am back from my sister's house and it was nice to see all of them. The kids were very happy to see me, especially since I brought gifts. Spencer's PJ's were just as I thought - the pants were good, but the adjustments that I wanted to make to the top didn't work. His noggin is too big! So I am going to either add the snap tape as the pattern is written or add buttons and use my buttonholer on the machine. The snap tape is similar to the zippers - I would have to use the zipper foot to sew it on and it didn't like me too much on the last pair. Claire's bratz pants were a hit and Ethan loved his books. I had to sit right down and read them to him immediately. Then he showed them off. We played and ate a great meal and then called my parents on the web cam and we all got to chat a bit.

When it was time for the kids to get ready for bed, Claire and Spencer got into their PJ's that I made them last winter. I got pictures of them, but since it is late, I will have to post them tomorrow.

Also, since it is late, I haven't had time to post the second story of my dating. But I think I can update on my third.

This is the third guy that I have decided to have any type of communication with outside of eH. He gave me his phone number last week and asked me to call him this weekend since he was going to be out of town. I was hesitant to call on his mini-vacation, but he was insistent that it would be fine and he would like me to call. So I called today and it went to voice mail and I left a message. He had an interesting/kooky outgoing message and it made me laugh a bit. I left a message and then he sent me a text message back a few hours later and said that he might call me later tonight but he was on his way to a softball game.

This guy is promising, I think. He lives in the same city as I do. He actually responds to questions and not just with 1 or 2 lines - he really writes answers! And he is witty and he likes to cook. It will be interesting to see how things progress.

Thanks for the comments on the previous posts. I am always happy to hear of others who have had good experiences. Once I signed up, I heard that people had more luck with match.com than eH. But I have already paid for eH so I am stuck with them. I seem to have everything set up in such a way now that I have been getting matches everyday for about 2 weeks. Sometimes, it is overwhelming, but it is better than getting matches for 4 days and then going 3 weeks without 1 match.

Hey - if nothing ever comes of any of these matches, at least I will have some great stories to share. Nothing as great as the story Stephanie (born2quilt) left on a previous post on this blog I hope. But I am sure that the 2 experiences that I have had so far won't be the only 2 that I'll have!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Sunday, August 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Glad you had a great time at your sisters and the kids liked their gifts. Good luck with your Guy #3. Kristie
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
It sounds like you had a really good time at your sisters. Those kids are lucky to have you as their Aunt. I can't wait to hear about guy #3.
Permanent Link
Monday, August 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Hey, this one could be promising...but you don't *need* him to be happy. Just remember that!

No comments: