Saturday, August 11, 2007

Busy doing nothing!

I had big plans for today. BIG plans. And I haven't done anything. Well, nothing quilting-wise.

This morning, I got up and had breakfast and then did some errands. I ran to the post office to mail the thank you letters that I didn't mail last night, ran to Kohls to pay a bill, to Home depot to get a different sprinkler and a furnace filter, and then to JoAnn's because they were having a sale.

I found a great sprinkler at Home Depot that fits my mini-lawn perfectly. I live in a condo and have a small patch of grass directly in front of my place and I have planted flowers in the flower bed in front also. Well, since we have not had rain since like February (I jest, but it feels like it has been that long) and the temperature has been in the high 90's and 100's for the past week, most of the flowers are trying to make an exit. And it is so hot, that I can't stand out there for the amount of time to water them. Well, I can, but I'll be honest - I am just lazy and don't want to. The sprinkler I got is just a basic circle with holes and the water can be directed to a smaller area than most of the other sprinklers. So I waited until it got later in the day and watered the flower beds and since it was so quick, I watered the patch of grass, too. It has been so long since it has rained that there are now marsh conditions in front of my condo. My flip flop was sucked right off my foot! And I only left the sprinkler on for 10-15 minutes in eaach place with no overlapping of the spray. I plan on watering a little tomorrow night, too, just to give the water a chance to soak in.

At Joann's, I got a better pair of small snips (I didn't like the ones I got from Hancock's last weekend) and looked through the quilting books. They were 30% off today. Not great, but I got 3 that were regularly $12.95 or less so it wasn't so bad. I was really looking for the "Quilt One and Your Done" book that Jen, a fellow blogger, got and liked. She said it was a good book for making Project Linus quilts so I thought I would give it a try.

I got home around 1:30 and then jumped on the elliptical for 25 minutes. That is 4 days in a row for me on the elliptical. My legs were SCREAMING!! But I kept it up and got through it. They are a little shaky now so I think I will drop the time back to 20 or 15 minutes tomorrow. And I am doing laundry - lots of trips up and down 2 flights of stairs!

Once I was done working out, eating and cleaning myself up, I started straightening up the sewing area and turned on "Dreamer," the horse movie. The only thing that I have done is I made another fabric book for my nephew. That's it. But at least I didn't take a 3 hour nap today like I did a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow, I am going to my sisters to see the kids and have dinner. I wanted to have PJ's ready for the oldest 2 to try on so that I could pin the hems. I don't think that will happen. Especially if I keep surfing the net. I guess I could get the pants done - those are the easiest and the most important pieces to mark the hems.

All right, I have talked myself into finishing the pants tonight. I already have one set of pants cut and the other should be that hard - just 2 leg pieces. And I can sew them and overcast them before bed. And I have the second season of Murder She Wrote waiting for me!! YEA!

Tomorrow, I have to call a guy. He is expecting my call. Maybe tomorrow, I will post about my recent experiences on the dating scene. How is that for a teaser?
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Saturday, August 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
I also live in a condo years ago I had the sprinkler you mentioned but can't find one now ,guess I need to make another trip to the USA .You accomplished a lot today ,I on the other hand have done nothing .Oh well maybe tomorrow .
Permanent Link
Saturday, August 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
Sorry I forgot to sign in .
Permanent Link
Saturday, August 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Wow, you have been busy today, maybe not sewing, but still busy. I know I was thinking last night that since I really didn't feel like doing alot with my tooth hurting, that I would sew all day. I did get over there and piddle but didn't accomplish much of anything. Single dating....Hmmm...I remember those days, but since I found my prince charming, now I have to watch my sister deal with the single life. Everyone tries to fix her up with men, but she of course finds something wrong with everyone of them. I told her someday the right one will come along. She is only 22 and all she does is WORK. She is very independent and doesn't want to have to depend on a man to support her. Which is great, but everyone needs someone...Good Luck Kristie
Permanent Link
Saturday, August 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
I think it sounds like you did alot today. Maybe not sewing but lots of other things and sometimes we do have to do all those pesky errands and household things even though they get in the way way of sewing. Peony
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 12, 2007 - Dating scene...
Posted by take2quilter
I would love to hear about that...and your age...it's really difficult finding age appropriate men and especially in this area. They are either very elderly or college age....woe is me. Look forward to hearing about it all. Joanna
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 12, 2007 - Love it!
Posted by
You are so funny! I love your postings. I made me chucking about the dating stuff. I did it you know! I met my husband online believe it or not!!! He is absolutely wonderful and I would have never met him if it werent for Match.com. Good luck with the dating scene. I have many stories that are absolutely hysterical that I could share about dating in your 40's. Here is one for example: Met a guy online and after several telephone conversations we decided to have our first meeting was at Starbucks. More telephone conversations later, our second date was schedule for Little Italy in Baltimore. This guy had his own business fixing some type of equipement and and owned a horse farm that bred horses. He has a son the same age of my youngest at the time. He was very nice and a professional. OK, are you with me. Well he picked me up, we had a great night at dinner and when he took me home I invited him in the house for a glass of wine. Once in the house.....I got him situated in the living room on the couch and excused myself to the kitchen to get the wine and glasses. When I returned he had HIS PANTS UNZIPPED AND HIS EXTREMELY LARGE MEMBER HANGING OUT FOR ME TO SEE!!!! I almost died! First of all, his member was the largest thing I had ever seen (and remember I am a nurse). It was fully exposed for me to see. I couldn't help starring at it! I asked him what the hell is that? He said he "has to let it out because it was too tight inside his pants". I asked him if heard of foreplay and instructed him to put it back while running into the kitchen. He called into the kitchen and told me he couldn't get it back in. I told him he had to leave and that if he didn't get out of my house I was going to call the police. He left the house....holding his member in his hand cos he truley could not get it back into his pants!! I was shocked and laughed my ass off several times after that each time I think about him. He called me multiple times after that apologizing perfusely, asking me to go out with him again. Everytime I tell this story to someone, I refer to the guy as "Horse Dick Guy"! Hope you enjoyed my silly story, it really happened......StephanieEdited by born2quilt on Sunday, August 12, 2007 at 05:14 AM
Permanent Link
Monday, August 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Sometimes it's nice to do nothing even if you have a lot that "Needs" to get done. It just happens. =) I hope you like the sew one and you're done book. If you make the carpenters wheel; I've decided it's just easier to make that outer triangle border into half square triangles. I couldn't figure out where I needed the full triangles to line up so my row was all jagged...I chucked it!

No comments: