Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quiltathon Sunday

This weekend, Judy L was having a Quiltathon and it has been the first time that I have been able to participate.

Cathy came over this afternoon to sew and we were so productive! I worked on my weekend goals and Cathy cut fabric for a new quilt and then a pillowcase.

These are the pillowcases that I made to match the quilt that I made for the shop sample shown here.

100_1316

I started cutting fabric for some blocks. While I was trying to figure out how to cut what I had, I realized that the dogs were watching me. Of course, Maisy has the coveted toy of the weekend to make sure that Max doesn't steal it!

100_1317 100_1318

Once Cathy left, I moved all of my tools back upstairs and continued cutting my fabric. This is the view from my chair at the sewing table. Pardon the mess!

100_1319

Don't see anything but a pile of blankets on the bed? Look closer...

100_1320

And as I was putting my stuff away, I realized how much of my current cone of Masterpiece has been used. Very Cool!!

100_1321
100_1322

For my goals, I finished the cleaning and the pillowcases and the prep work for the class on Tuesday. And right now, I am going to get back to all of the blocks that are on my goals list.

5 comments:

Moneik said...

I love my masterpiece too!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the dogs hiding in the bed!!! Too cute!

Cindy said...

Great pillowcases BUT I'll take the cuties peeking out. They're just adorable!! Bet they love being close to Mom.

Scrappy-Quilter said...

what cute pups! Isn't it nice to finish the small goals we set for ourselves with this quiltathon? the pillowcases turned out nicely. Need to try making some soon. I think I might have fabric to make a few ;o)

Linda said...

I love the pillowcases. Scratch the ninjas behind the ears for me.