Saturday, October 13, 2012

Busy week!!

This week ended up being very busy for me and with this throat crud hanging on, I didn't have much of a chance to rest and recuperate. Or even start planning for the quilt retreat that is in less than a week!

Monday night, I went to dinner and Joann's with Heather from the CMQG. I gave her the quilt back that I finished and we talked about new projects while we ate. I can't wait to get started and then to be able to show it off! It's all very good and exciting! I also picked up this fabric for the next Scrap Squad quilt.

I have been so busy, that I haven't even had a chance to pull out scraps that I can use with this new fabric. I was hoping to get it all squared away so that I could get it finished on retreat. Time is flying by so I need to get on it!

Tuesday night was a Board meeting for my homeowner's association. I am still waiting for some responses to items that were discussed even though I did say that things should be in the mail by Friday. How funny is it that a survey on the management company came to me instead? How fun it will be to fill that out!

Wednesday, I did a presentation on Precision Piecing at the Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild meeting. And dinner with Barb and Lucy before the meeting. Woo hoo! But it was another late night getting home.

Thursday, I came home from work and napped on the couch after I ate dinner. Then, I dragged myself to bed at 8:30 and finished Death Perception and tried to go to sleep. And then I was wide awake until after 11. UGH!!!

Between Thursday and Friday, anytime I coughed it felt like my head was going to explode. Thursday night was pretty rough and I decided to take a mental health day on Friday to try and recuperate a little more. I took things easy, got something quilted, got things organized for Saturday's yard sale and then headed out to my sister's surprise birthday party. I took the quilts to the kids that I finished in the summer and I think they all liked them. Ethan rolled himself up in the quilt like a taquito! I stayed and chatted and came home exhausted.

Today was another yard sale. I didn't do as well as the first one in August, but it was worth it all the same. Well, except that I was distracted by bringing Lula out and my phone got dropped on the ground and the screen shattered. sigh... But since things were not moving out as well as I had hoped, I took a lot of pictures of what I had out and spent the rest of the day listing things on CraigsList. I have already had a few emails and it sounds like there are some people interested in buying. So at least I will make what I need to for the replacement screen and new phone protector that I will be buying in the next day.

So hopefully, tomorrow will be uneventful and I can start pulling kits together for retreat and get some things moving along. And my email will be pinging constantly from people wishing to buy my stuff!! I'll keep my toes crossed so that I can keep stitching!


Kristie said...

Sounds like you have been very busy even though you are not feeling well. Sorry about your phone, Andrew has done that a million times and it can run into a lot of expense. I had a yard sale on Friday in town with my mom, sister and SIL. I enjoyed making a few extra dollars and getting rid of some stuff.

Regina said...

lol - at least you weren't trying to sell the phone! :-( and can't believe retreat is coming up that soon!!! WooHoo!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow, what a week!

Jean(ie) said...

oooh, I love that fabric you found. It has great color!