Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tiny Tuesday (Midgets) 2/1/11

Better late than never!! And I couldn't post another week without making an effort on the next block. Once I sat down and got myself situated with all of my tools, it was so easy to get the next block done!

Here, I have my small ironing board, my mini iron, and add an eighth ruler. Everything is to the left of my machine.

100_3538

And here is the mini cutting mat (5.5" by 7.5") and a couple of rulers that I was using. It was very simple to sew a couple of sides down, trim off the excess and then press the seam without having to get up and walk around my table every 30 seconds.

100_3539

And here is my block!

100_3540

I still need to pull the fabrics for the next 10 blocks, but I should really work on a few other things before I get to that.

Anyone else have a block to show off?

7 comments:

Melinda said...

That is a fabulous block. I love pineapples and it is just so cute when it is so tiny. It really does require a whole different work space set up to do paper piecing, doesn't it.

Libby said...

WOW!! That is tiny!

Anonymous said...

I've never done paper piecing before. One of these days you need to show me how to do it.

Kristie said...

CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! I forgot once again! I need to take a day, after I get these customer quilts done, and get caught up on a few blocks!

BTW...your block looks lovely! Love the colors!
Kristie

Peggy said...

What a fabulous block - and what a lot of triangles! Love the colors!

scraphappy said...

Someday you are going to catch up and I'll have to start making new blocks again. Yours turned out super cute. Those paper piecing supplies are going to come in handy.

Jennifer said...

It looks great!