Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 2010 Monthly Accomplishments

There was a lot of excitement this month - my laptop's hard drive crashed and gave me lots of free time to quilt, I had a sewing day with the Girlzzz, I started my sweater class at the local yarn shop and watched in amazement as Touchdown Jesus burned to the ground! Lots was done!!
  1. The hard drive on the laptop crashed and my awesome neighbor was able to save all the files from it, including the Super Secret Quilt pattern that I had drawn up in EQ6.
  2. Completed the blocks for the SIS quilt.
  3. Assembled the SIS quilt top.
  4. Made a sock monkey tool caddy for Barb.
  5. And a take along bag.
  6. Made 3 thread catchers - 1 for me, 1 for Barb and 1 for the 1,000th post Giveaway. (I believe this is post # 993!)
  7. Made a second dog table runner.
  8. Knit 2 dishcloths.
  9. Knit 1 baby cap.
  10. Cleaned out portions of 2 closets (and made 2 trips to Goodwill!!) and organized my yarn stash.
  11. Made 2 challenge blocks.
  12. Had dinner with my Aunt and Uncle who live in Texas and fed the ducks.
  13. Got EQ7 because I wouldn't be able to use EQ6 after the hard drive crashed.
  14. Got the heel flap done on the second purple sock while knitting at work during lunches. Woo hoo!
  15. Finished 4 more blocks on the crocheted afghan. Getting close on this one!
  16. Received a free copy of a new book and the opportunity to give another copy away! Hooray!
  17. Started knitting a sweater and made great progress!
  18. Won a $50 GC to Fat Quarter Shop from Vicky!
  19. Sewed with the Girlzzz! Got lots done - fabric together for a new quilt, sewed the binding down on the second secret quilt, quilted and attached the binding on the 2 dog table runners, and started sewing up the poinsettia table runner.
  20. Received a nice box from Regina, just because! ;)
As for reading this month, I spent a lot of time listening to Pandora and not books, so I only finished 5 books.
  1. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - This was the first book by Hannah that I have read. I am going to try another book, but this one was VERY SLOW to start. It spans like 30 or 40 years and the first 25 at least were drawn out over 12 discs or the 16 or 18. UGH!! It was like a chore to get to the action.
  2. The Secret by Beverly Lewis - After the first book, I needed a book that would be a little quicker and a lighter read. I knew that Lewis' Amish stories would be just the ticket!
  3. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - I really enjoyed this book!
  4. Cleaving by Julie Powell - This is THE Julie Powell of Julie and Julia fame. Quite a bit different. A little shocking. It is most definitely NOT a continuation of Julie and Julia. Interesting.
  5. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - The reviews for this book were quite mixed with people having trouble following the way that the book jumped around. I didn't have a problem with that and I actually enjoyed trying to mentally piece the whole story together as Henry jumps through time. But the ending? It just stopped. A bit disappointing, but I thought it was a good read.
Hours spent - quilting - 37.75; knitting - 28; crocheting - 4.5

Hopefully, I can be just as productive in July!!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

You continue to amaze me with your productivity. You do much good in this world.

Linda said...

Jill, you get so much done. I like the way you list your accomplishments for the month. I might start doing that...

I'm really enjoying your blog. Your doggies are so sweet. I've had two dachshunds in my life and I've loved both of them. They were such sweeties and yours reminds me of mine. Mine were Sassy and Schatze. I miss Sassy alot. She ran away a few years ago and I never found her. Schatze was my Dad's dog when I was growing up and she lived a long life until she was bitten by a snake. Both of these were wonderful little dogs. Have a great and productive weekend. Happy 4th!

Quilted Quickies said...

You're killin' me!!! I can't believe how much stuff you get done...I'm exhausted just reading all you get done. You are amazing!! Keep up the good work!! Take care and have a great 4th of July!!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

I needed a break halfway thru reading all that you did. That's amazing. It's going to be tough matching/beating that in July, but I think you can do it.

elizabeth said...

GREAT JOB AS ALWAYS JILL. I DONT KNOW HOW YOU DO ALL THAT YOU DO WHILE WORKING, GUILDS, PUPS, ETC